Tuesday 6 March 2012

IVF, the result

Continue from Part VI


So I've got MC for 10 days. I went back to my hometown to celebrate Hari Raya Aidil Adha with my family. On the 9 Nov 2011, I brought the twin to their first injection. They were a month old. I was so excited & I will post the article about them later. The next day was my birthday .. yeay!

Back to work on the 14 Nov. Went back to PPUM on the 17 Nov (Thursday) at 9 am for blood test. I got the result at 2 pm. Alhamdulillah I was positive but I was not too excited because my hCG level is low. The HCG level should at least double every 48 hours. If the numbers start to fall, that means I am going to miscarriage. That very evening, they ask me to come over to PPUM in order for my gynea to prescribe me with Aspirin to increase the chances. They told me aspirin could improve IVF success by boosting blood flow to the ovaries and uterus. My gynea also prescribed me with a week supply of Utrogestan & Duphaston.

The total cost was about RM 168.30.

The breakdown cost:
- Blood Test = RM 15
- Utrogestan 100mg (for a week) = RM 75.60
- Duphaston 10mg (for a week) = RM 57.70
- Aspirin (for a month) = RM 20

On the 23 Nov, I went back again to PPUM for the blood test. The blood test cost me RM 15.

I've got the result at 2 pm. A nurse from the reproductive clinic called me and informed that my hCG level dropped and the IVF treatment was not successful. I was really really sad but I wholeheartedly agree to the decision to what Allah has decided upon.

Thinking about the bright side, I still have Adam Dany & Adam Fahmy in my life.

2 comments:

IVF means 'fertilisation in glass its resemble with term 'test tube baby'. It invole external meetig of egg and sperm that take 3 to 5 days.
ivf

IVF literally means "fertilization in a test tube." IVF (in vitro fertilization) is a method to achieve fertilization outside the human body by combining laboratory oocytes of women and the man's sperm. The fertilized eggs that result (embryos) are then placed in the woman's uterus.

IVF Cost

Post a Comment