Monday 5 March 2012

IVF, embryo transfer


Continue from Part V


Do I feel any pain after the egg collection? Well, to tell you the truth I did felt a slightly pain and it was more like the period pain but Alhamdulillah I was able to manage the pain.

Later, I got a phone call from HUKM. They informed me that I need to come over for embryo transfer on Thursday, 3 November 2011.

That morning we went out early from home around 7:30 am and reached there about 8:30am. We waited for my gynea to arrive from PPUM and at 9:15am I was called into the waiting room. The nurse asked me to change to a patient gown. Before that I ask her permission to go to the wash room to take a leak but she does not encourage me to do that. The reason was it will help my gynea to clearly differentiate the uterus and bladder on the monitor scanner machine. So at 9:30am, I went into the procedure room.

Out of the 10 egg that were collected 3 days ago, they used only 3 eggs. The reason were the rest of the egg did not fragmented properly. So egg no 1: fragmentation of 9 (A grade), egg no 2: fragmentation of 8 (A grade) and egg no 3: fragmentation of 5 (B grade). After explaining this to me my gynea ask my hubby to step into the procedure room to see the embryo on the scanner screen. With the lafaz of بِسْــــــــــــــــــمِ اﷲِالرَّحْمَنِ اارَّحِيم , my gynea implanted these 3 embryos and printed out the scan picture as seen above. The white dot (embryos) were inside the black circle. This time no pain killer was given because it was not a painful procedure. The procedure only took about 15 minutes.

Later, I had to lay down for about 1 hour before went home. I had been given MC for 10 days. My gynea prescribed me with Utrogestan and Duphaston for the luteal support.