Friday 17 February 2012

IVF, this is our story ..

We have been married for 8 years & having difficulty to get pregnant. This is our story on our latest attempt for getting pregnant by undergone IVF treatment.

Where: PPUM
Gynealogist: Dr. Nuguelis bt Razali

At the end of Dec 2010, I did a HSG (hysterosalpingogram) test. The test is to check if I had a blockage at my fallopian tube. The result was normal. The procedure cost me RM 80.

Then in Jan 2011, my hubby went for sperm count test. Its for semen analysis and to check the total sperm count, motility and morphology. The result was normal. The test only cost him RM 15.

The following months, in Feb 2011, I went to PPUM for a blood test. First blood test was done on my second day of my mestrual cycle (D2). The second test was done on my 21 days of menstrual cycle(D21). The blood test is to check on my FSH and LH level (day 2) & TFT level (day 21). It turned out that I had hormone imbalance. The total cost for the blood test was RM 100 (RM 80 for D2) + (RM 20 for D21).

After we get the result, we decided to take hormone pills (Yasmin) for 3 months to regulate my menstrual cycle. In fact, Yasmin also known as contraceptive pills and according to www.netdoctor.co.uk , taking the contraceptive pill usually results in lighter, less painful and more regular menstrual bleeding. This means it is sometimes also prescribed for women who have problems with particularly heavy, painful or irregular periods. That is me!

So I started taking Yasmin for 3 months (June-August) but due to some unforeseen circumstances I had extended it until September 2011. The price for Yasmin per box is RM 54.00(I bought @ Farmasi Q-Pharma (PPUM)) so the total cost for 3 months was RM 162.00.

My IVF treatment started on 20 Oct 2011 (Thursday). It was my second day of period. I went to reproductive clinic in PPUM and had my ultrasound. How to get there: click here. My uterus lining quite thick but we decided to proceed with the procedure. So my gynea prescribe me with Puregon shot (200iu) for 6 days. All the nurses in the reproductive clinic were very nice and one of the nurses teach me how to do self injection using Puregon Pen (how to do self injection: click here). It would a very scary thing to do it myself so that job goes to my hubby. TQ Cayang.


Total cost for this round was RM 1441.

The breakdown cost:
- Registration = RM 25
Puregon for 6 days (200iu per day):
-2 boxes of 300iu = RM 716
-1 box of 600iu = RM 700

Our story continue .. part II

Puregon Pen (FOC)
Puregon 600 IU (RM 700 per box)
Puregon 300IU (RM 358 per box)

12 comments:

Salam

Fyi, i'm currently trying for our second baby after an ectopic pregnancy in year 2003.after 3 failled IUI attempt, i was adviced by the doctor to go for IVF. i'm having mixed feelings about this as i was told that the drugs are 10 times stronger than IUI. Can you share your opinion on this?

Salam,

I think you should consider for IVF coz you had tried IUI before. I believe the doctor will initially prescribe you the minimal drug dosage & they will monitor how well your body react to the medication. If your body does not response well to the treatment then the doctor will increase the dosage. It's all up to how well your body adapting to the treatment.

Pregnancy is the blessing for motherhood. This is special feeling that every parent enjoy it. Before the gaining of this joy they have to put efforts to bring a new life into their family. But some couples are failed to conceive a baby. Through Test Tube Baby Centre you can find your solution that how to improve fertility.

Great post! Thanks for sharing it.

Thanks for sharing this beneficial content. Get IVF treatment in delhi with genuine quality. just visit this link and get the further details.

Thanks for sharing this informative post.Now-a-days Infertility is the major problem caused among the couples.Either the problem may be in male or female partner.IVF Treatment has become common among people to get rid of infertility problems. Read More about IVF Treatment Female fertility hospitals in Chennai | ICSI Fertility Hospital in Anna Nagar Chennai

Informative post.
If anyone is interested to get the best IVF Treatment in Punjab then book an appointment with Dr. Sumita Sofat Hospital. Here you can get the best treatment at the reasonable rates.

Thanks for sharing the informative post. If you are suffering from Infertility problem then visit EVA Hospital. EVA Hospital is one of the famous IVF Centre in Punjab. We offer the best infertility and IVF treatment at low-cost. We use advanced technology. Dr Shivani Bhutani is an expert in the field of fertility areas like IVF, ICSI, IUI.

Thanks to doctor Uduehi for taking me out of shame, I am almost 40 years of age but I couldn’t get married because I know i can not impregnate a woman because I was suffering from ZERO SPERM COUNT and hospitals did their best for me but I still could not cure. So, Some months back I read about this doctor recommendation online and I decide to give it a try hence hospitals could not help, he administer his medication on me and after the treatment, behold for the first time in my life I started experiencing sperm. You too can be treated just like me and be cured. If interested you can reach him through: (+2347084878384) (uduehiherbalcare@gmail.com)


Actually I read it yesterday but I had some thoughts about it and today I wanted to read it again because it is very well written.

Data science course

Thank you so much for sharing such an awesome blog...

Thanks for sharing this informative post. If anyone is interested to get the best medical treatment for both male and female infertility from the Best IVF Centre Punjab, you can check out a link for more details about the treatment.

Post a Comment