Friday 24 February 2012

IVF, this is our story part II

Continue from Part I ..


On 25 October 2011, I went for another appointment @ PPUM on the day 6 of my menstrual cycle. I had an ultrasound and I had 12 matured egg (6 each on the right & left ovary). I did response well to the treatment because there were not too much egg produced that can cause you abdominal pain (OHSS).

This round, I was prescribed Orgalutran for 3 IVF cycle (3 days). Basically, Orgalutran will delay the ovulation until your follicles have reached the optimum size. I started to take Orgalutran at 10:35am considering the 24 hours cycle.

The total cost for this round were RM 1175.

The breakdown cost:
- Registration = RM 25
- Orgalutran 0.25 mg/0.5 ml (3 syringes) = RM 450
- Puregon 600iu (for 3 days) = RM 700

The story continue .. part III

Price RM 450 for 3 syringes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment